Friday, December 05, 2003

SSA's obituary was a bit premature

The Chicago Sun-Times ran an article (no longer available online) on local company SSA Global (SSA), pointing out that SSA, once given up for dead, is now in terms of annual revenue the fourth largest ERP vendor, after SAP, PeopleSoft, and Oracle. Quoting CEO Mike Greenough,
"In the mid-market ...everybody wants to be Number 1. But I'm there, and I don't intend giving it up and I think you can tell from my personality, I'm not the kind of guy who is going to roll over ... People laughed, thought I was delusional two and one half years ago. People thought we couldn't go to $300 million, then they said I couldn't get it to $500 million. We haven't even begun to fight. I just started rounding up the troops."
For more on SSA's strategy, see my article on Sep. 26.

No comments: